Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Perspective

Snow.  In March.  Just when us Wisconsinites thought Spring should soon approach.  How do YOU feel about snow???

In years past I have not been thrilled with snow storms and the added blanket of white to the frozen earth.  I had wished away the winter to bring the warm weather.

But not this year.  I am not sure where the mental shift came from but I am more excited than ever to see more snow on this beautiful snow day! 

It is such a blessing to see the kids excitement of playing in the winter wonderland on their new snow boards and even to see Carlee, our dog, frolicking in the snow.  And, what a great blessing that I can have another day home with my boys when they are usually in school! The better attitude I have about the snow, the more excited the kids are to play in it. 

Another perspective I have taken to is that there is beauty in each season and it won't be long until each season passes.  With each season pass, my boys get older.  I know that seems obvious but it is in looking back at photos from years ago that I realize how fast time goes and how much they have grown.  It seems so cliche to say that time goes fast, but seriously...time goes fast! Before I know it my boys may not want to go play in the snow, or they will feel too old to want to enjoy time with their mom. 



So my goal: enjoy each day as it comes and with what it brings.  If there is snow falling, lets play in that snow and make fun memories!  Take a few pictures, but don't take so many that you are behind the camera and miss the actual interaction. 

On a semi-random side note but also of great importance: When I look outside, the pure whiteness seems almost blinding it is so bright.  God says he will wash away our sins and make us white as snow!  What a comforting thought to know that all my past mistakes are gone and forgiven, thanks to Jesus paying the ultimate price for me, while I was still a sinner.  He makes me white as the blinding snow!   

Thankfulness:
1. Freshly falling snow in March
2. The mailman diligently trudging through the snow storm
3. Shovels
4. Zack and Owen's laughter
5. Ears to hear

Verse to chew on:
Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment