Monday, October 17, 2011

So Long...

As I just wrote the title "So Long..." I realized it could be taken two ways.  It could mean, farewell, for I have forsaken this blog far too long and have quit...or it could simply mean, it has been an extended amount of time since I have posted an entry.  In this case, I am referring to the later.  Although I have forsaken this blog for far too long, I think of it often.  I want to be diligent and post meaningful entries more often.  But, I have been caught up living life.  Both are good.  Now I choose to make my way back to being a regular blogger, while living life.

I am a visual person, therefore this would not be true to me if it did not reveal some snippet of my life through a photo.  I am going to randomly select a candid photo from the past week...



Here is a typical moment in our home.  The boys love to read. 


A bit of background to the photo... I select many books throughout the year from books sales, Scholastic book orders, discount book warehouses etc. and I save them for trips or presents or just for fun as a random gift to the kids.  Dan had shuffled through our book stash and picked out 2 books to give to the kids for a lazy Saturday morning.  He had asked Zack if he wanted to read and he did.  So, in this moment, Zack was reading his new book.  Owen had to patiently wait for his turn to read his new book.  As Zack was reading I pulled out the camera to capture a candid moment.  (You know, the type where people are not strategically placed by lining up in front of some neat object or scenery).  When Owen saw the camera, he started making unique, yet partially subtle, silly faces waiting for me to notice and tell him to stop.  I did not tell him to stop.  I just snapped the photo.  Voila.  A candid moment.  Sometimes you just have to let personalities shine to capture the true person. 

Soon to come in a future blog...more moments from the Fawcett home.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment