Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Casting an Experiment

This morning I am casting an experiment. 
I am going to share the very last photo I have taken. 
I am not sure what it is.
This could be a daring experiment. 
My camera is currently downloading the most recent photos. 
I suddenly become a bit nervous and self conscious about what it is.
For real, thoughts of inadequacy are emerging. 
I continue on.  
I suppress the negative thoughts.
Be brave, Kirsten.
I'm feeling a bit more confidence. 
My curiosity is peaked. 
I hope it is a good one!





Here it is.  Trees.

Although it may just be a bunch of trees, each photo has a story behind it.  This one is of no exception. 

The story:
I enjoy the outdoors.  I find that I do not enjoy the outdoors. 
Contradiction?  Nope.
As much as I like being outdoors, I find that I do not make the time to enjoy moments like these.  I sit, using  my computer and waste moments by perusing online sites and before long way more time has passed than I anticipated.  So, the day of this photo, I decided I was going to treat our dog Carlee to a walk in the woods. (This really was my mindset..  Treating my dog.  But, it was more for me, I can be selfish, and try to trick even myself!)  We drove to Blue Mound State Park.  I had seen a sign for hiking trails there last weekend.  I found them.  We walked a couple miles in the woods.  The exact woods of this photo.  The sound of the crunching fallen leaves with each step was blissful.  The various outdoor scents were intriguing to Carlee.  I snapped some pictures of the beautiful creation around me in hopes to capture overdue moments of time spent outdoors.  It was a precious, yet ordinary hike.  Just like the photo.  

So there it is.  Proof that I really have been out, living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment