Friday, June 24, 2011

Missing the Close Stuff

I can not believe that I passed by Quincy Bog at least 4 out of 7 days a week for more than 10 years and never visited!  I was excited to meet a dear friend and her family during my NH visit and we explored the Bog.  Later, I found out that my grandparents helped to get the bog started and invested money in this natural area.  What a fun time, even in the misty rain!  I like that there is such a beautiful place, so close to where we are!  So, I guess the moral of this "story" is don't look far away to see God's beautiful creation.  It is often in those common areas that are overlooked.  We tend to think that you have to go somewhere far away to experience the neat and exciting places.  If we stop and examine our own "backyard" I think it will be amazing what we find.




Thanks dear friend for suggesting this lovely spot to meet up and for being a dear friend!  It was treasured time for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment