Sunday, May 22, 2011

Call To Worship

I sat down to eat my humble sandwich dinner of cheese and butter on 9 grain bread and thought, I want to write a blog tonight.  So, my next task-figure out what I want to write about. 

I walked over to the cupboard to round out my "dinner" with some Wheat Thins.  I put my small used plate (from my sandwich) on the counter and thought...hmmm, I can use this plate and put some crackers on there.  So I pulled the cracker box off the shelf and walked to the counter to fill my plate and saw a paper that said "Call to Worship" on it.  Perfect.  That inspiring line will be my focal point.

In all things we are called to worship.  When things are not going as we desire, we are called to worship.  When moments are overflowing with evident blessings, we are called to worship.  When times are frustrating, yet again, we are called to worship. 

It is so easy to worship out of thanksgiving when we receive something that we have been waiting for or when we are pleased with how life is going.  But, what about those times where everything is not just as you would like.  What about those times when your defiant child is being, well, defiant?  What about those times where your plans are changed and you did not want them to be changed.  What about those times where a loved one is hurt emotionally or physically?  What about when honesty does not prevail a hierarchy of politics in the business environment?  What if all my "what if" examples occurred today and I was feeling overwhelmed with sadness in many areas?  Yes, it is then that I need to remember we are called to worship in the good times and bad.  

One of my remembered quotes from my father-in-law is "Nothing is a surprise to God."  God knows what is occurring in everyone's life as well as in everyone's heart.  He knows where we need to rely more on him and He knows where we feel solid in Him.  God is available as a friend, mentor, encourager, and supporter.  My job is to give Him the worship He deserves (in all circumstances!) and to turn my burdens over to Him. 

For my child who is having moments of deviancy, I pray God will soften his sweet heart to be more loving, gentle and rational with ears and a tongue of respect.  For my plans that were changed this morning, I thank you God that I had prayer time at home instead of at church because apparently my prayers were needed to be focused on where I was this morning, at home.  To my friend who is emotionally hurting after job complications, I pray God uses this time as a refreshment and that there is something great waiting for your sweet compassionate ways.  To my friend who is struggling with business hierarchy, I pray that you will be a bright light to those around you and not feel guilty for doing your job well.  For the sadness that I experience, God I pray that it is a compassion that never ceases for people. 

I worship You God for who you are (GOD!) and for how You comfort and care for each of us. You deserve to be worshipped and I want to be one falling at Your feet giving you all the praise I can muster, in good times and in bad.  


From each cloud and below to each blade of grass and above, in all things, I worship You.


No comments:

Post a Comment