Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lame Excitement

Have you ever been so excited over something that no one else would feel the same way about?  Well, tonight it happened to me!  I have had a terrible and discouraging time trying to keep our bathrooms smelling presentable.  I felt like I had tried it all!  I went through so many cleaning methods and types of cleaners and they all had the same result.  I never got the smell away that I was sensitive to.  I disguised it quite well with Bath and Body Works air fresheners for a long time. 
Well, today I decided to give the cleaning/cleaners isle at Super Walmart (Super Walmart means there are the most choices out of any store around so it has to be the best option to search for products, right?!) another chance.  I perused the isle, as the boys impatiently waited to get to the yogurt section, and I thought...hmmm...something with bleach.  Maybe I should try that one!  (I had never tried bleach, for some odd reason).  So, I plucked the newest selection off the top shelf.  Chlorox Clean-Up with Bleach-fresh scent. 
I finished up at the store and brought my product home.  I put all the purchased items away except for the toothpaste and the cleaner.  I set them on the stairs to go upstairs but with it sitting out, it was achieving some subliminal osmosis (or something) and encouraged me to give it a try before I finished off my previous cleaning fluid.  So, this evening before supper, while the kids were occupied with a basketball game, I took out the rubber gloves, a rag and the new cleaner.  I started spraying and was thinking, "Wow!  This really smells like bleach!" It was not enjoyable as I suffered through the cleaning process...BUT...when I was done...even the kids bathroom smelled fresh and CLEAN!  So clean, that is almost smelled pool-like or hotel-like.  What a lovely smell!  It was a moment (or several!) of Lame Excitement! :)

My weapon of choice to fight the bathrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment