Thursday, March 3, 2011

Memories

Last night I had a dear friend come over for some prayer time.  It was perfect timing and much appreciated.  I have known her about 6 years and have grown closer each year.  We were talking about our husbands a bit and she asked if I had any wedding pictures.  I do not often pull them out (not for lack of interest but to contain bitterness toward my awful photographer).  However, last night I pulled out our wedding album and spent time reminiscing the lovely day of August 17th, 2002.

 As I was sharing my special day with my friend, I was noticing the radiant groom in the photos.  (Quite the handsome fellow, I might add!)  Then I got to thinking of how life is so different now.  Life as a young married couple posed far different concerns and prayer requests than my days now.  I have my children to care for,  upkeep on a house, a couple of vehicles in the garage to maintain, a yard to mow, church decisions to make...the list continues...   Anyway, it gets me thinking about what is important in life and what should have less focus.  It is easy to allow circumstances of life to take over and forget about days of old that were so special.  It is easy to wish a day away so I can get to the next one, only to do the same thing the next day. 

As I am reflecting, I am realizing that each day is a gift and needs to be treated as one.  How cliche', I know.  But it is cliche' for a reason.  It is true.  Does it really matter if people come over and see that my house is not perfectly tidy?  Of course not.  Perhaps it makes them feel like it is OK to not be 100% tidy when others come to their house.  Does it matter if the kids wake me up before my alarm goes off or if their rooms are not picked up?  Again, of course not.  There are people who would love to have the noise and mess from healthy kids around. 

I want to have that radiant face, or at least many moments throughout the day, like my groom had in the wedding photos. I want to be thankful for each morning I wake up, and aware of each blessing in my life. After all, I am a child of the King and He has blessed me with a life I have dreamed of since I was a young child.  What is there to not be radiant about!?! 

August 17th, 2002  Showcasing one of the best decisions I have ever made!


No comments:

Post a Comment