Monday, February 14, 2011

Bargain Shopping Bliss

I have realized over the years that there is one thing especially that can energize me when I am feeling tired.  I can be ready for bed and completely spent from a tiring day, but if you mention "shopping" I am almost always up for it!  For Dano, he has a 2 hour limit (on good days) of shopping and then he will be worn out and ready to collapse for the day.  Back in our dating days and early on in marriage I used to think this would pose a problem for us.  Now we realize how differently we are wired.  Dan likes some time alone to re-energize, and I like to be out shopping...so he stays home and I go out, then when we come back together we are both ready for time together.  Perfect! 

Every February for the past 4 years we have spent some time in Wisconsin Dells at a water park and end our trip with a visit to the outlets. This year I was extra tired after exerting much energy at the park (there are a lot of stairs to get up to the water slide towers!) and a poor nights sleep, so by the end there was only one thing I was up for doing...shopping of course! February is perfect timing to take advantage of stores trying to clear out Winter inventory to make room for Spring clothes.  So, I meander into my select stores and begin the bargain hunt for clothes for the kids.  Each year I am successful in jump starting my kids wardrobes for the fall season.  This year was no different.  I visited 2 stores and found "wicked awesome" deals!  Here are my purchases all for $80!!!

There are 18 shirts, 2 sweaters, 3 pairs of pants, 1 pair of pajamas and 2 pairs of shorts!   

It will be so nice to pull out these clothes again in the summer and the fall and be somewhat prepared for the changing temps, and it will remind me of a blissful bargain shopping day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment