Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All in a Snowy Delayed Day

I used to think it was the kids who wanted the school cancellations, delays, and early releases.  Now, I realize it is parents that also enjoy them.  My secret confession; I enjoy sleeping in on delays and cancelled school days.  However, this morning I was actually awake and ready to get up at the normal time when I found out school was delayed so we had some extra happenings that passed the enjoyable morning too quickly.

I normally do not bake before school because it is so early, but today the kids and I enjoyed some homemade Coffee Cake (No Owen, there is no coffee in it, and thanks Theresa for the yummy recipe!)  I did not leave Dano out in my people listing who ate it.  I offered him some but he does not have an appreciation for morning baked goods so he stuck to his Fruity Pebbles.) 



Then we separated the fruit snacks so the kids could have a box and Dano could bring a box to work and they would both have a slight variety.



While we were enjoying a warm indoor treat and drooling over fruit snacks Dano was outside taking care of the snow drifts that had imprisoned our vehicles to the garage.  It was a cold, windy morning and his diligence is much appreciated.  I came out right at the end of his hard work to take a quick photo.


Now the kids and I are gearing up for an anticipated snow day tomorrow.  I hope I am not disappointed and forced to send Zack to school.  And, since I have AWD on my Enclave, I have a few ideas for a whole day off...

No comments:

Post a Comment