Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bulging with Challenges

I've been bulging with challenges to myself in the last several months.  I want to better myself in so many areas and there are multiple pockets of my life that are surfacing that I want to improve.  Here are 5 goals (although there are more!) I have for myself:

1. I had never read my Bible from cover to cover.  I've read chapters and books at a time but never front to back.  I started in February and want to finish before school is out for the summer.  I hope I'll make it. There are so many things that I want to stop and study to learn more about as I am going, but I feel God is calling me to just read through and then go back after I finish. 

2. I want to be more bold and purposeful in creating and improving upon friendships.  I use the excuse of being shy and not overly outgoing.  This brings me out of my comfort zone, but all for good purpose.  People and relationships are more valuable than anything else.

3. I have been impacted by the simple line in 1 Cor 13, Love does not boast.  I think upon this phrase often while trying to be a better listener than talker.  It is easy to let insecurities take over and feel the need to live life to a monetary fullness.  But, that leaves emptiness... in your pocket and in relationships.

4. I want to be a wife of noble character.  This takes a change of focus.  I need to be more considerate and understanding toward my husbands work pressures and free time.  The good news...I want all the time I can with him!

5. I want to be a Mom that the kids remember as loving them and Dan more than anything else in the world.  That challenges me to be more hands on and physically focused toward them.

 I read a story that impacted me...

Son: Mom (from a different room)
Mom: Yes?
Son: Mom (still in a different room)
Mom: Yes?
Son: Mom
Mom: What? I am listening to you.
Son: You can hear me but you are not listening with your eyes.

Ouch.  I'm guilty of that. 

I am sure that everyone has their list of challenges as I do.  Perhaps you can not relate to some of mine, and perhaps I have brought new challenges to you through writing mine.  Whatever the case, God will reveal things to you as you are ready.  Be sure you are listening.  Then, be sure you are acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment