Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another First

The Intro:
I have been contemplating the beginning of Blog life for a while, so here I am now embarking on the world via a new http: address.  I've seen lots of introductions by people who are starting blogs but I think I'll skip that for now.  My goal is to share moments that have extra special meanings to me and my family.  I'll be honored if you join me in this adventure called life.

For my first brief story to conclude this post, (as it is getting late and I may have started this later than I should have) I'll tell you how I came up with the blogging title "Uncharateristically Emblazoned". 

It was a late winter evening in snowy WI...blah, blah, blah...fill in the rest of traditionally begun books...and I was coming up with empty meaning words.  I looked on several sites and googling "random words" and "unique names" and the best I got was a site called Random Word Generator.  Well, the words that were revealed for me were such like; oco, dissemenchickey and busimidisly.  Those were not going to make the cut.  So, when all else fails (well, not really but my most frequented source) I ask Dano what I should use.  I gave him a few words that I wanted it to portray like family, God,  love, and everyday life but also with the stipulation of having something unique.  I canned his first word (and now can not remeber what it was but it had some odd and negative religious tones as one of its definitions) and then he said that his next thoughts were getting to the phrase catagory.  Perfect I thought!  More than one word will be great!  So, "Uncharacteristically Emblazoned" just rolled off his tongue (much easier than mine but I'll get there!).  It will stick.  And, I will have great thoughts of him as I post on this blog from now on.
So, there you have it.  The blooming emblazor's first post, uncharacteristically.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you started this. I love hearing new ideas on things to do with the kids, other stay at home moms perspectives. It helps keep things sane. AND writing one helps keep you productive and accountable I think!

    ReplyDelete